How to add Cash to Venmo from Debit Card?
Venmo is one of the safest methods for money transfers and payments. In order to add money to your Venmo balance, you need to add your debit card to your Venmo account and link your bank account to make them in use to transfer your money to your Venmo account. There are several ways by which you can add money to your Venmo account. The methods include:
- Bank Transfer
- Check Deposit
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Direct Deposit
Let us read about how you can add money to Venmo from a debit card.
To make your debit card into use to transfer funds to your Venmo account, you first need to link your debit card to your account. To do so:
- Open the Venmo app
- Sign in to your Venmo account with your login credentials
- Click on the You tab
- In the Settings section, click on Payment Methods
- Click on Add Bank or Card
- Select Cards
- Add your debit card information
You can add your debit card information in two ways. The first way is to enter all the details manually, which includes entering your card number, expiration date, and CVV. Another way is to scan your card from your phone’s camera and the application will record all the details automatically.
After your card is added, you can then transfer money to yourself using it. Enter the amount you would like to deposit in your Venmo balance and then select the debit card linked to your account to carry out the payment.
Haven’t applied for Venmo Debit Card yet? Don’t worry follow the below steps.
Also, Check:- How to transfer money from venmo to bank account?
Apply Venmo Debit Card
You can receive your Venmo Debit Card in the following way:
- Open the Venmo app on your phone
- Go to settings
- In the settings, you will find a Venmo Debit Card section
- Add money to Venmo account
- Click on this section
- After you click on the apply button, they will approve your Venmo Debit card. You will receive the card after seven to ten business days.
After you receive the Venmo Debit card, you can use the money and send money from debit card to Venmo. This is majorly because the Venmo card and Venmo Debit card are like each other. Having money on one is like having money on the other.
You can easily find the Venmo debit card section once you follow the steps given above. If you cannot find the section in your app’s settings, you need to upgrade the app. Once upgraded, the section will appear, and you will process the card accordingly.
In the Venmo debit card section, you will find the Venmo debit card number as well.
Also Check:- Venmo debit card review
How long does it take to transfer money from debit card to Venmo?
The standard transfer of money to a Venmo account takes 3-5 business days. The time duration may differ based on bank servers and bank holidays. If your money is transferred to your account but you are still seeing the processing status, you can then view your transaction history. To view your transaction updates:
- Go to the Me tab
- Check the status under Personal Transaction Feed
If your money has not arrived at your Venmo account after 5 business days, you should then contact Venmo support and raise your issue regarding the delayed transfer of funds. All the money transfers which are carried out on Venmo are reviewed and checked for recognition. If Venmo finds any kind of faulty transfer, the transfers get delayed or canceled. So, keep the transaction status and also contact the support team if you face any difficulty or delayed transfer.
You can also opt for Instant Transfers, which means your money will be debited into your account right away. However, there are certain charges for the instant transfer of funds. To know more about it, check the Venmo application. Once, you have initiated the instant transfer, you can not cancel your transfer at any cost.
If you are not eligible for the Instant Transfer method, you can then simply go for Standard Transfer. This is also the safest mode of transfer of money.
Can you receive money on Venmo with Debit Card?
Yes, you can put money from debit card to Venmo and also receive money on Venmo. To do so, follow the instructions:
- You need to send your Venmo user ID or email ID associated with the Venmo account to the one from whom you are expecting to receive their money
- For IOS users, you can simply send your Venmo scan code to the sender
- The money will land in your balance accordingly
- After this the sender can transfer money to Venmo from their debit card
The sender must also have a Venmo account. Also, the sender and the receiver must be physically present in the US or US territories. Venmo app does not work anywhere else except the US.
Raj Singh is a highly experienced digital marketer, SEO consultant, and content writer with over 8 years of experience in the industry.
As a content writer, Raj has a talent for crafting engaging and informative content that resonates with audiences. He has a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of SEO best practices.
- Venmo Debit CardJanuary 2, 2024How to order new Venmo Debit card on the app (2024)?
- Venmo TutorialJanuary 1, 2024How to Open Venmo for Nonprofits Account (2024)?
- NewsDecember 27, 2023Game Preview: Texas State vs. Rice – Prediction and Expectations
- Venmo Credit CardDecember 22, 2023Venmo Credit Card Reviews  Is there any extra charges?