Online money transfers through mobile phones are in much use nowadays, one of those such applications that allow you o transfer your funds is Venmo. Venmo guarantees you a speedy transfer of money along with a quick withdrawal and it is practically proven by the users. It has a lot more additional features but in order to use them, you need to first set up your personal Venmo account.
How do I add second account to Venmo app?
The short answer is, yes you can have two Venmo accounts that you can create instantly together. You can also have multiple accounts with Venmo but you can’t create all of them together.
Venmo allows you to create a personal account and a business account. A personal account can be created simply with your phone number or your email address.
Only when you verify your email or phone number, will you be able to activate the account.
Next, using the same phone number or mail ID you can create a business account.
Again you would need to verify your phone number and email address for your business account.
- Download the Venmo app and decide on the method you want to sign up for.
- Create a proper password.
- Add your phone and email address and additionally verify them by clicking on the verification link sent to your email ID and by adding the code sent to your phone.
- Now click, add and verify the bank account.
Next, repeat the same steps when creating another account either separately or together.
How to make personal Venmo account?
Setting up a personal Venmo account is an easy task if you follow all the mentioned steps properly. The process is not going to take a lot of time and thus you need to be very cautious at each and every step.
- Get the Venmo application
To begin with the account creation process, you first need to install the application on your device. Venmo is available on both Android as well as iOS. Just download it and install it on your respective devices.
- Launch the Application
After you have installed the application, launch Venmo on your device. After its home page screen appears, look for the sign-up option at the bottom of the screen. You will have two options:
- Sign-up using Facebook
- Sign-up with email
Choose any one of the available options to sign-up for your Venmo account.
- Choose a convenient option
If you choose the ‘Sign-up with email’ option, you will be redirected to the sign-up page. In the next step, you will be asked to enter your first name, last name, email, and password. On the other hand, if you choose to sign up with Facebook, the Venmo application will do its work automatically. All you have to do is to click ‘Continue’ and keep granting permissions to the app after reviewing the terms and policies.
- User Agreement
Venmo will then ask you to register your phone number for your Venmo account. This phone number will be verified by sending a 4-digit code through SMS. Enter the code in the blank spaces provided on the screen, and if the code matches, your phone number will get verified.
All these steps will lead you to create an official Venmo account. You can further add/change your profile name, and profile picture after creating your account.
How to make business Venmo account?
If you own a business and want to get social recognition by using a business Venmo account, then you can create a business Venmo account for yourself. The steps are mentioned below:
- Click on the official Website to reach the official standout page of Venmo to start creating your Venmo Bussiness Account.
- Click on the ‘Get a business profile’ on the blue bar
- It will take you to the page where you will ask which type of account you want to create
- Click on Business and then click on Get Started below
- Enter your phone number
- Enter the valid 4-digit code sent on your number entered. This code is for verification of your number.
- After your phone number is verified, you will be prompted to enter your name, email, and password
- Review the legal terms and conditions of the Venmo application and tap Yes to set up your business account
If you set up a business profile, the next set of details will be asked about your business. This will include:
- Whether your business uses an SSN or EIN
- The name and business description
- The professional email for your business
- A highlighted cover picture that best describes your business
- Full address of the public business along with social media handles and contact details
After filling up all the details, follow the next few prompts to complete setting up your business profile.
How to make a second Venmo account with the same phone number?
Simply add the phone number to your second account as you added to the first account and sign in after verifying your phone number.
Even if you’re creating your Venmo accounts all at once, you can still use the same phone number and Venmo won’t restrict you from creating two accounts using the same phone number.
How to create second Venmo account for bachelorette party?
To make a second account on Venmo, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Venmo application
- Sign to your Venmo account (if you have one already)
- On the home screen of the Venmo application, click on the Setting option from the top right corner
- Under the Accounts section, click on Profile
- Click on Username
- You will see an option at the bottom of the page: Create another account with this email address, click on it
Follow the prompts, fill up the details, and agree to all the User Agreement and Policies of the application to create another account
How to switch accounts on Venmo?
You can simply have two accounts on Venmo and this is totally legal and safe. You can have different names for your account as well as different email addresses. Whenever you want to sign in to any of your accounts, just enter its credentials and you will log in to that very same account. However, the phone number linked to both of these Venmo accounts should be the same. Also, read other terms and conditions on the official page of Venmo to know more about dual Venmo accounts under the same person.
How do I set up second Venmo account?
Simply check with your account which bank account you wish to add to your other Venmo account. Once you know it, go to the other Venmo account.
- Now click on the three lines and then choose Payment methods.
- Click to add a bank or card.
- Click on Bank and choose the way you wish to add your bank- instantly or manually.
- Go with the on-screen prompts and then add your bank account information to Venmo.
Also Check:- How to use Venmo QR code?
How do you add second email to Venmo?
If you are facing trouble regarding the email address on your Venmo account and you want to add a second email to your account, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Venmo account with your credentials
- Visit the link verify email address
- Once you are directed to the new page, enter the new email address on the space provided
- Type the verification code sent to your new email address.
Venmo App FAQs
Can you have two Venmo accounts with the same phone number?
Yes, you can hold up to two accounts on your mobile phone. You do not need a separate mobile number or email address for the same. You can have a joint account with any of your family members or you can have a business account alongside your personal account. You should link both of your accounts with the same mobile number whereas the email address for both of them can differ.
Can you have two Venmo accounts linked to one bank account?
You can have two Venmo accounts linked to one bank account.
Can I have two Venmo accounts with different names?
You can have two usernames for your Venmo accounts- personal and business accounts. Each of the accounts can be created together or could be spaced well apart.
Can I have a personal and business Venmo account?
Yes, you can have a personal and business Venmo account, and that way you can always have two accounts.
Can I add a second bank account to Venmo?
Yes, you can add a second bank account to your Venmo account. You can simply add your second bank details and register them to use through the Venmo account.
Can I add a second email to my Venmo account?
Yes, you can add a second email to your Venmo account but you can not register it o your Venmo account in place of the official mail account. You can just add another email account if the sender had sent you money on Venmo while selecting the email account that is not added to it.
Can one bank account be linked to two Venmo accounts?
You can use a single bank account for both of your shared accounts on Venmo. There are no transaction fees on the debit card but you can get charged up to 3% for using a credit card for your transactions.
This article might have cleared many of your doubts regarding your Venmo account. You might be also cleared that you can use two Venmo accounts but under certain conditions. This article will ideally help you out in knowing how a Venmo account works and how to set it up if you are a new user on this platform or a new agency willing to use Venmo to expand your business socially and digitally.