Venmo is one of the leading money transfer platforms, carrying out transfers of millions per day of millions of users. It has dedicated a lot of time and effort to make its platform better and easy to use. Provided lots of features and added security for your funds to be safe in your Venmo account.
What is Venmo Joint Account?
Venmo gives the privilege to its users to use two accounts at once. One of the two accounts is a Venmo Joint account whereas the other is a self-owned Venmo account. With the Venmo joint account, one can get access to the other Venmo user with their transactions, payment details, etc. Only two Venmo users can share a common Venmo account. The addition of a third person will lead to the violation of the privacy policies of Venmo and can breach its security code.
Two people say, for example, family members, who share a common bank account, that is a joint bank account, can make a joint account for themselves. The user who firsts link the Bank account with the joint account is eligible to get notifications regarding the activities of the second user. Therefore, he will get the notification once the second user adds the same bank account.
How to create Joint Venmo account?
To create a joint Venmo account with another Venmo user, you both need to share a joint bank account under your name. Thereafter, to create a joint Venmo account, follow the steps below:
- Launch the application and sign in to your account with the login credentials
- Once your Venmo account is logged in, look for the three-line icon on the top right corner of the screen
- Click on the button, and a drop-down menu will appear
- Click on the Settings option
- Then tap on Payment Methods
- Click on Add Bank/Card
- Select the banking option
- Add the bank details, that is the joint bank details, you share with your partner
- Choose the verification method
- The Instant Method will verify your bank details instantly, whereas, the manual method can take some business days to verify your bank account
- Once the account is added, you will partner will get notified that you have added the same joint account on Venmo
- After that, you both are free to use your joint Venmo account, the way you want and need.
Venmo joint account for business
You can have a joint Venmo account for yourself if you have a personal account and a business account. If you are a leading merchant in the market and want to place your separate identity in front of the people, you can make a business account for yourself. A business account can help to set up a completely different transaction platform for your goods and services. You can add separate payment methods for your joint bank account and it will not show up on your personal Venmo account. Venmo business accounts have lot many added features and security. Thus, sharing a Venmo business alongside your personal account can help you ace your business better with easy transfer of funds, receiving of money, and other commercial bank works.
You can only make your business account if you already have a personal Venmo account for yourself. Once done, you can then log in to both accounts with the same credentials or be able to switch between your account by clicking your profile picture on your account.
Also Check:- How to Set Up Venmo Account Complete Guide?
Requirement for Joint Account on Venmo
Venmo allows you to create a joint account on Venmo, but there are certain conditions you need to abide by. Without following these conditions, you will not be able to create a new account or your joint account can be suspended if you have already created it. Certain important conditions are as follows:
- The account you share with your partners should have some contact details. This is important at the verification time. If you use different contact details, it may take time as well as difficulty in verifying your joint bank account.
- You can only have a personal Venmo account alongside either your Joint Venmo Account or Business account
- If you want to have a joint business account, you need to have a personal Venmo account
Let us read how can we set up a personal Venmo account, before proceeding ahead for linking the new account.
- Download the Venmo application on your device
- Launch the app
- Click on the sign-up option and choose your desired sign-up method
- Create a strong password. It should be at least 8-20 characters long.
- Verify your phone number and email address
- Add your bank account or debit card and go for the verification process
- Once your account is fully verified, you can use it for your purposes
Also Check:- How to use digital virtual Venmo credit card?
- You can have two accounts on Venmo, even when you share the same bank account or a different account.
- You must link unique contact details with both of your accounts on Venmo
- For Venmo business, you can add a banking option as well
- For a personal Venmo joint account, the shared partner should also have the same bank details entered on his side on his Venmo account.
How to set up Joint Venmo account?
If you are aiming to add a business account alongside your personal account, remember it can only be possible if you have a proper business identity. To add a business Venmo account, you should strictly have a personal Venmo account beforehand. If you do not have one under your name, make one. We are assuming you have created a personal Venmo account for yourself. We will now proceed to know how can you create a business account on Venmo:
- Launch the application
- Sign in to your Venmo account
- On the Me tab, you will find the option of creating your Venmo business account
- Click on + Create a business profile button
- Follow the prompts in order to proceed ahead of creating an account
For new business profile setups on Venmo, users are asked certain info related to the business account and also related to the business. In the entire process of creation of an account, you can be asked for several details on each screen of different steps.
- About your business, its identity, description, category, profile name, business name, business image, and small highlights to attract customers
- It will ask you whether your SSN or EIN
- Bussiness mail address
- Public details for your customers, like City where you have established your business, Postal Code, Business Contact inf, social media handles
- Private details, like setting up a strong password, contact details that are used at the time of signing in and are only visible to you
Before publishing your Venmo business account, you can review the account and check if all the details filled out by you are correct. You can review it and do the modifications accordingly.
How to use Venmo with joint account?
Venmo joint accounts are specially designed for Venmo users that go forward for bill splittings. In general, terms, if you are forced by your partner to pay for the restaurant bills, but you want the bill to splited in two, you can then directly pay from the joint Venmo account. Venmo joint account holds the money of both. Hence, any money deducted will be deducted from the savings of both of your accounts.
On the other, if you have a business profile linked with your personal account, you can use it to ask for payment from sellers, merchants, wholesalers, and customers, and the money will be deposited directly into your bank account linked with your business account and not to the bank account linked with your personal Venmo account.
Some of the features that the Venmo Business account provides in comparison to the Venmo personal account.
- Added security and safety for faster and secure transfer of money
- Tax documentation
- Availability of options to provide to your customers in order to describe your business and reach out to the larger audience
- Receive or pay money easily without any two-factor authentication
- Complete verification of profile having Tax ID number to provide extra security to business identity
Venmo App FAQs
Is it Safe to open Join accounts?
Yes, it is safe to open joint accounts. Several million users have their accounts on Venmo, and they are experiencing a lenient age without your disturbance. All the personal details and private information of the users are kept hidden and protected under Venmo’s secure servers.
Can you open a joint Venmo account?
Yes, you can open a joint Venmo account. You need to checklist the conditions and abide by the terms and conditions of Venmo’s agreement policy and you can then be able to open a joint Venmo account easily.
Does Venmo offer joint accounts?
Yes, Venmo offers joint accounts at low or no cost. Users are free to set up their Venmo joint account. They just need to abide by certain conditions and they can easily set up a joint account as per their need. You can also link a business Venmo account with a different bank account linked with your account alongside your personal Venmo account. The process of creating a business Venmo account is easy and simple. All the details are described in above sections. Kindly refer.
Can I add a second person to my Venmo account?
Yes, you can, provided that you both share the same bank account. Joint accounts are only possible when you share common bank accounts on Venmo. Adding a second person on Venmo will get you a notification once he adds the same bank account details from his side. You both can then keep track of the transaction, and payment history and can review them accordingly.
Can you have joint Venmo account?
You can have a joint Venmo account. Just follow the steps described in the above sections and you will open a joint Venmo account for yourself. Remember, to follow all the terms and conditions of the Venmo application and make sure you hold all the necessary requirements before beginning to create your joint account.