Though Venmo is owned by PayPal, both of them are separate platforms and you cannot transfer money from Venmo to PayPal or vice versa in any which way except by linking both Venmo and PayPal to the same bank account.
Do you want to link your Venmo to PayPal? It is a three-step process following which you can link your Venmo to PayPal and make the fast transfer.
Step 1: Check whether you are using the upgraded version of Venmo. Then transfer the Venmo Balance to your Bank. Remember that most transfers from Venmo to a bank account are free, but if you are doing Venmo instant transfer, it can cause small charges.
So, if you are not ready to pay excess fees, hold tight; your transfer to Venmo to your Bank account will be completed within one to three business days.
Step 2: Now, check whether you have a valid PayPal account or not. Remember that to link your Venmo to PayPal; you need an updated PayPal Cash Plus or PayPal Cash Account.
Log in to your PayPal account. Click on the “ my account” option. You can see a landing page where you can see your PayPal account balance and recent activities.
Step 3: On your PayPal account’s Landing page, click on the option “add money” or “transfer money”. As you are trying to link Venmo to PayPal, click o “add money.”
Next, you will be asked to confirm your bank account details and the select transfer amount.
Step 4: After manually adding the transfer amount, click on the “Add Button”. This transfer will take two to three business days to complete.
Voila! You have linked your Venmo to PayPal; now, you can transfer money through PayPal easily.
Unfortunately, there is no direct route to link Venmo to PayPal without any verified bank account. You must have a single bank account that has to be linked to each service, and Pay Pal Cash Account or Cash Plus account will be linked and get started. You can add money to a PayPal account without having any bank account. But, when it comes to linking Venmo to PayPal, you must have a bank account through which you can transfer funds to PayPal from Venmo.
Also Check:- Can You Set Up Automatic Payments on Venmo App?
By following some simple steps, you can add or link Venmo to PayPal. But, first, you have to create a verified Bank Account and link that account to both the Venmo and PayPal accounts.
- Go to the PayPal account and select the “Banks and cards” option on your mobile application.
- Enter your online banking details
- Now process to Venmo account and click on “Settings” to select the payment options.
- Select the card information and the verification method
Once your bank account is linked with both Venmo and PayPal, go to Venmo and select the option “Transfer to Bank”, and enter the amount
- Now, choose the transfer option as your preference (either Instant or normal)
- Tap on the “Transfer” option
- Go back to the PayPal account and click on the “Transfer Money option.”
- Select the option “Add money” to your PayPal Balance
- In PayPal, go to the setting option
- Here you choose the Venmo Card as the default payment option
Now, your Venmo card is linked with PayPal. You can transfer money through PayPal by using Venmo Card.
Venmo is owned by PayPal and you can use a debit or credit card to link the account. Venmo charges a 3% fee to let use the credit card to transfer funds. However, there is no fee if one makes an online purchase from a business accepting Venmo card which pays using your credit card.
PayPal and Venmo both are popular money-sharing applications at the current time. If you want to link the PayPal Credit to Venmo, follow the below steps:
- Go to the “Me” tab on your Venmo account by clicking on your picture
- Tap on the Setting option top right position of the Payment method
- Tap the option “Add bank or Card” as you want to link PayPal credit, so tap on “card.”
- Add the PayPal credit card information manually
Your PayPal Credit Card is linked with your Venmo account.
How to transfer Money From Venmo to PayPal?
Venmo and PayPal work separately as you might know by now, so there is absolutely no way to transfer your Venmo balance to PayPal without the help of a linked bank account.
Linking the same bank account is necessary to initiate smooth bank transfers from Venmo to PayPal. If you want to send money from Venmo to PayPal you have to link your one bank account to both PayPal and Venmo. Once you have linked your bank account, all you have to do is;
Transfer your money from Venmo to your bank account by following the simple directed steps.
Step 1. You’ll have to transfer the money from your bank account to PayPal.
Step 2. Usually, you can initiate a standard transfer if there is no hurry to transfer funds from Venmo to your bank account. However, if you’re in a hurry, you can use instant transfer to transfer funds from Venmo to your bank account but you’ll need to pay Venmo a 1% fee for initiating the instant transfer.
Step 3. Transferring money to PayPal means you will need to have an account in PayPal.
Start with linking the bank account to PayPal and Venmo
- In Venmo, tap on the “Link the Bank” option if you use a web browser. In the case of mobile applications, tap on the “Banks or Cards” option
- Navigate the payment option and enter the bank details
If you already linked your bank account with the Venmo app, log in to the PayPal account.
- In your PayPal account, tap on the option “Add money.”
- Manually write the amount you want to transfer to your PayPal account along with Bank details.
- After reviewing the credentials, click on the “continue” option
- Confirm the transfer, then tap on “Add Money”. Now, you only have to wait for three-to-five days to complete the transfer from your Venmo account o your PayPal account.
Venmo App FAQs
Linking Venmo to PayPal is easy but it cannot be direct, instead, it is an indirect way wherein both Venmo and PayPal must be linked to a common bank account.
Yes, simply linking Venmo and PayPal to a common bank account can be easily done.
Can venom be connected to PayPal?
Yes, you can connect Venmo to PayPal. But to do this, you need to open a bank account, and that has to be linked with a Venmo account.
Even though PayPal owns Venmo, there is no direct money transfer method between the two mobile payment apps. An indirect way of transferring money between Venmo and PayPal is to use the same bank account for both services. You’ll need a PayPal Balance account to do it (formerly called PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus).
Yes, you can link Venmo Card to PayPal. But as mentioned earlier, you must link the Venmo card with your bank account. You can link Venmo card as a default payment option to PayPal through bank account transfer.
Yes, you can link PayPal credit to Venmo. You have to change the Setting of the Venmo Account and enter the Pay Pal credit card details to the option “Add Card”.
Can you transfer Venmo funds to PayPal?
Yes, you can transfer your Venmo balance to PayPal. Just link the Bank account to Venmo and then to PayPal. Transfer the Venmo Balance to Bank Account. Log in to PayPal and manually enter the amount and bank detail. Click on “Add Money” and “Continue Transfer”. Your Venmo balance will be transferred to PayPal.
Raj Singh is a highly experienced digital marketer, SEO consultant, and content writer with over 8 years of experience in the industry.
As a content writer, Raj has a talent for crafting engaging and informative content that resonates with audiences. He has a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of SEO best practices.
- Venmo Debit CardJanuary 2, 2024How to order new Venmo Debit card on the app (2024)?
- Venmo TutorialJanuary 1, 2024How to Open Venmo for Nonprofits Account (2024)?
- NewsDecember 27, 2023Game Preview: Texas State vs. Rice – Prediction and Expectations
- Venmo Credit CardDecember 22, 2023Venmo Credit Card Reviews  Is there any extra charges?