Venmo is the trending money-sharing app. Venmo works on a network of Mastercard. All you need to have is a Venmo Debit card and a bank account.
How to add money to Venmo balance?
You can easily send cash to your Venmo balance. To do so, follow the instruction:
- You must have a bank account
- Open the Venmo app in your mobile device
- Add the bank account to your Venmo profile
- Verify the bank account
- Go to the app’s settings
- Tap on the ‘Manage Balance’ option
- Click on ‘Add Money’
- Enter the amount you want to add to your Venmo balance and click on “Add Money” again
In this way, you can add as much amount to your Venmo balance as you want.
Also Check:- How to send money from PayPal to Venmo?
How to transfer Cash from bank to Venmo balance?
In order to transfer money from your bank to your Venmo account, you have to have both things linked. After they are linked, you can make transfers easily.
- Open the app
- Select the bank account from the settings
- Verify your Venmo profile
- Click on ‘Add Money’ to add the amount in your Venmo app from your account
Also Check:- How to Use Venmo balance Instead of Card/Bank Account?
Different way to add money to Venmo balance?
There are various ways to put money into Venmo balance. You can add money from your bank, card, or from a friend who also uses Venmo App to transfer money. But you will have to ensure both the sender and receiver are physically present in the US or US territories. Venmo App does not work anywhere outside the US.
There are several ways by which you can add money to Venmo’s balance. The ways include:
Adding money from your bank account
You can easily add money to your Venmo balance directly from your normal bank account. To transfer funds from your bank account, you need to have Venmo issued debit card from MasterCard. This means you need to apply for the Venmo debit card. To do so:
- Open the Venmo application
- Go to the Cards section
- On the Cards tab, select the Venmo Debit Card option to get started
- Follow the easy prompts to confirm your order
Once you receive your Venmo Debit Card, you can link your bank account to the Venmo account. To add your bank account, follow the steps below:
- On the Venmo application, choose the You tab
- Select Payment Method from the Settings tab
- Tap on Add Bank Account or Credit/Debit Card
- Click on Bank
- Choose your preferred Bank Verification Method and proceed ahead following the prompts
Again, once your bank account is linked to your Venmo account, you can start the amount transfer from your bank account to your Venmo balance. The steps to add money to your Venmo balance are given below:
- Tap on You
- Choose Add or Transfer option available at the top of the personal transactions feed
- Enter the amount you would like to add and then click on Done
- Select the bank account from which you want to transfer your money and then click Next
- Review the transaction details and estimated arrival date of money
- After you have double-checked everything, click on Add Money
Once the transaction is initiated, you can not cancel your transaction at any cost. After 3-5 business days, the amount will get reflected on your Venmo balance.
Adding money from your debit card or credit card
You will be delighted to know that you can add money to your Venmo balance from your linked debit or credit card. To do so:
- Open the Venmo Application
- Click the You tab and from the Settings menu, select Payment Methods
- Tap Add Bank or Card
- Click on the Card option
- Enter your card details manually or simply by scanning the card from your phone’s camera
- After the card information is added, you then simply add money to your Venmo balance by following the same basic prompts
Please note that any transaction initiated by a credit card charges you up to a 3% fee of the total amount that is being transacted.
How to check Venmo app balance?
Follow the instructions to check the Venmo card balance.
- Open the Venmo app
- Scroll to the top of the screen
- Go to personal preferences
- After you find a “☰” button on the top, click on it
- Go to settings
- Then click on ‘Payment Method’
- After you click on the payment method, you will see an option that reads Venmo balance. This is your Venmo card balance.
How to send money on Venmo app on computer?
In order to make transfers from your computer, you need to have Venmo application installed there. After you install the app in your computer, you can fund amounts to anyone and the process is quite simple. Follow the instructions to do so.
- Add money to your Venmo account from your bank account
- Open the Venmo app
- Go to settings
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- Click on Done
- Confirm the bank account and click on ‘Next’
- Tap on ‘Add Money’ and transfer the amount
Venmo App FAQs
How long does it take to transfer money from the bank to Venmo?
It generally takes 3-5 business days to transfer money from the bank to the Venmo balance. The duration for money transfer dully depends upon the bank server, and the bank holidays, If the amount is not credited after the 5 business days, you can contact the Venmo support team and ask for their support to raise your issue.
Can you put money into your Venmo balance?
Yes, you can put money into your Venmo balance. To do so follow the steps mentioned above.