It is sometimes possible that your Venmo account may get frozen temporarily. This may be due to various factors like failed payments or any other kind of error. If you are one of them who are worried about your Venmo account freeze, we got you covered. The Venmo account can be unfrozen by following the following steps:
How to unfreeze a Venmo account?
- Once the Venmo account has been frozen due to some reason, it cannot be unfrozen by the user alone.
- However, to unfreeze your Venmo account, you can ask for assistance.
- For this, you have to send a mail to the support department at Venmo.
- A mail needs to be sent to contact the Venmo support team at “support @venmo.com”.
- If the account has been frozen for asking id, this method can be followed.
- Furthermore, the person whose account has been frozen can also call Venmo to unfreeze the account.
How to get money out of a frozen Venmo account?
Unfortunately, there is no way to get your money out of your frozen Venmo account. When a venom account gets frozen, all kind of transactions of the account gets blocked due to security issues. But do not get disappointed, as you can simply get out money once you make your Venmo account unfrozen. The process of unfreezing a Venmo account depends on the reason why it was get frozen in the first place. So contact the customer care of Venmo to get properly guided in the process.
How do I contact Venmo to unfreeze my account?
There are many ways to contact Venmo to unfreeze your account. All the options are given below to help you. Pick anyone from the following as per your convenience.
- You can simply go to its website, venmo.com/recover, and log in
- You can reply to the account freezing email by Venmo. In this process, you may need to go through a photo and ID verification process.
- You can simply call Venmo’s Customer Care at 855-812-4430 between 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday (Except the holidays)
- You can also chat with Venmo through its app.
- Open Venmo app
- Tap the upper left corner menu icon
- Tap the ‘Get Help’ option at the base of the menu
- Tap ‘Contact Us’
- Tap ‘Contact with a Human’
- Select ‘Chat with Us
How to Reactivate Venmo Account?
The process of reactivation of the Venmo account is much like the freeze of the account. You can follow these simple steps to reactivate your Venmo account:
- If the account has been frozen for insufficient funds, it can be unfrozen by making a payment through a bank or debit card.
- Once the payment is made and the fund is transferred to the Venmo account, it will take up to 3-5 business days for Venmo to confirm the transaction and reactivate your account.
- If the account has been deactivated owing to claimed chargeback, you will need to clear the same by visiting “venmo.com/addfunds” to recover your deactivated account.
Also Read: How to Delete Venmo Frozen Business Account
Venmo froze the account “Reason and Solution”
There can be two reasons for the temporary frozen Venmo account
1. Failed payments
If your payments get failed, and Venmo doesn’t find the visibility into the exact reason for the transaction failure, it temporarily freezes your account. In such a case, your account will be frozen until the funds are paid back.
To solve the issue, you can simply follow the prompts of the Venmo app. Alternatively, you can log in to venom.com/recover from your computer.
One of the fastest ways to unfreeze your Venmo account is to pay the owed amount by a credit card. You can also directly use a bank account for the payment. But keep in mind that these processes can take 3 to 5 business days. Also, note that you cannot use credit cards for this purpose, as they cannot pay back any negative balance.
2. Security concerns
Venmo can freeze your user account if it finds any account activity against its User Agreement/credit card policy. Such action is taken by Venmo to ensure the highest level of security.
In this case, you cannot solve the issue with the assistance of the Venmo team. You simply need to reply to an email sent by Venmo informing you of the account freezing. After that, the Venmo team will give you further instructions via mail. In the process, you have to verify your account information and also reset your password.
Venmo account was frozen due to suspicious activity ‘Solution.’
If your Venmo account was frozen due to any suspicious activity, the solution could be obtained only by getting assisted by Venmo Customer Support. Fortunately, in such cases, Venmo will send you an email explaining the reason for the account being frozen. You need to simply reply back to the email and follow the further instructions sent by the Venmo team. You can also directly call Venmo’s Customer Care at 855-812-4430 between 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday (except for the holidays).
Venmo account is frozen, asking for ID “solutions.”
The Venmo team can ask for your id in the process of recovering your frozen Venmo account due to suspicious activities or violation of the User Agreement. Don’t get scared about that; send the government ID to the Venmo team as instructed. They ask for it only to ensure the user’s identity.
Venmo App FAQs
How long does it take to unfreeze venmo account?
The amount of time the Venmo account takes to unfreeze will depend on the resolving of the issue that froze it. Once the user has made contact with the support service at Venmo, he or she can clear his dues or resolve issues to start the procedure of unfreezing. After this, it takes 3 to 5 business days to unfreeze the Venmo account.
How do I unfreeze my account?
You can unfreeze your Venmo account easily. The unfreezing of the account depends on the reason behind the freezing of the account. The account can be unfrozen following the steps that have been explained in detail above.
Can you reactivate a Venmo account?
Reactivation of the Venmo account can take from 3 to 5 business days after the query raised with the Venmo team has been solved. The reactivation procedure also depends on the deactivation explained in detail above.
How do you know if your Venmo is frozen?
If your Venmo account has been frozen because of any specific reason you will be informed by the Venmo team in due time. You will receive a notification and a subsequent intimation via email by the Venmo support team that your account has been blocked.
Why does Venmo freeze?
Your Venmo account may freeze due to various reasons. This may include the failure of bank payments. Although, Venmo does not provide specific reasons for transfer failure it may be due to various reasons like insufficient funds during the time of payments, the ACH transfers exceeding the limit, etc.
What will happen if my Venmo account is frozen?
If your Venmo account is frozen, you cannot perform any transaction or activity using the account. You have to unfreeze your Venmo account to further use it. You need to contact the Venmo team to help you in the process of unfreezing your account. You can get to them through their website, email, phone, and mobile app.