Steam is an online platform for video games. It provides pirated free video games at the developer’s price. Steam also offers many discounts and occasional reward programs to sell the games at the best rate in the market. It is a trusted platform and easy to use. In this article, we will let you know how you can use Steam and how to buy games from this platform.
How to use Venmo on steam?
Well, you cannot directly use your Venmo account on steam for buying games. Steam generally has no tie-up with several payment platforms. However, you can use your Venmo debit card for paying or adding funds to the steam application.
To do so, you just have to select the payment option as a debit card while paying for anything on steam. Then, there you add all the required information from your Venmo card. You can even save the card for future payments. Once done with the reviewing of the details, complete the payment process. And wow, you used your Venmo card for the purchase.
Also Check:- Can someone hack your Venmo account?
How to pay with Venmo on Steam?
For a streamer on Steam, they need to make the payments without hindrance. So, you can pay on Steam using a Venmo debit card. However, paying through Venmo wallet directly is not yet possible on Steam. Steam accepts payment through several debit cards, credit cards, and a few payment platforms. But Venmo is not yet included.
However, to ease your work, there are also the steam gift cards present which can be easily purchased from a store and later redeemed the cards on the steam application. Venmo and Steam also help you to find such stores with ease. Now, in the case of paying in stores, Venmo is convenient. You can pay via them in no time.
For contactless payments, many stores use QR codes for payments. And the good news for Venmo users is that it allows you to pay through QR code since it has already configured the QR code scanner. Hence to pay through Venmo on the steam stores for the steam gift cards,
1. just scan the given code,
2. enter the desired amount,
3. confirm the given details
4. and click on the pay and successfully complete the transaction.
Similarly, a store can also ask for your QR code for payment. Clicking on “Show to pay” will access your QR code in your Venmo account. The store manager will scan it, and then you can further the process of completing the payment.
An important note is that if you don’t have a Venmo debit card, you better apply it now from the Venmo application on your phone in order to use it in Steam. And make sure that you have enough balance to pay for the games.
Also Check:- How to Get Venmo $10 Bonus?
How to buy steam games with Venmo?
There are about roughly 30,000 games on Steam. You can basically find any match you want. There are also several options for you to pay through. So that you see no problem while buying your game.
To buy on Steam via Venmo debit card, follow the following steps.
1. Run the steam application on your pc, and you will land on the home screen steam.
2. If the store page is not open, then go to the Store icon in the top left corner.
3. Once the store is opened, for searching for your game, go to the search bar in the top right corner.
4. Enter the name of your game, and you will see your game pop up just below the search bar.
5. Click on the game, and then a new page will open. There you can review the information regarding the game.
6. Scroll down after reviewing. There you will see the option of ‘Add to Cart.’ Click on it.
7. Now, if you want to add more games, then you can follow steps 3, 4, and 5.
8. The cart screen will pop up. Here just review the game or games that you have added.
9. Click on the Purchase button once you are done reviewing.
10. Before going to the payment page, you must choose whether to buy for yourself or as a gift. You can click on your option.
11. On the payment page, choose the payment method. For paying through Venmo, select the debit card option.
12. Then, it’s time to enter all the necessary details that are being asked of the Venmo debit card. Tap on the Continue button.
13. Check your details for the last time. Tick the “I Agree” button to accept the terms and conditions of Steam. And finally, Click on the Purchase button.
14. A Thank You page will appear to confirm your buy. You can download or view your receipt on the same page.
Alas, you will also receive a buying confirmation on your email address. Now, you can enjoy your game. If you have purchased it as a gift, you can go with gifting it.
How to transfer money from Venmo to Steam?
Apart from just paying for the game through a card, you can add your Venmo money to your steam wallet. But, as said earlier, you cannot directly add the fund to your steam wallet from the Venmo wallet. However, there are several other payment options that Steam accepts. These options are:
- American Express
- Gift cards
Although not included in the list, Venmo users still have a way to transfer money to a steam wallet through Venmo. Just go through the following steps, and Steam will add your fund.
1. Open the steam application on your desktop. The steam home screen will pop up first.
2. To add funds, look for the drop-down arrow on the top right corner.
3. Click on the arrow, and the menu will appear. There click on the “View my wallet” option.
4. Your steam wallet will appear. Here you can even check your funds and details related to your wallets.
5. Please select your desired amount (from $ 5, $ 10, $ 25, $ 50, or $ 100) and click on the Add Funds present in front of it. You can even add your desired number also.
6. The payment page appears. You will have to select the desired payment option. For Venmo users, select the debit card option.
7. You will have to enter the page’s Venmo debit card required information.
8. Once done, click on the continue button.
9. On the next page, you must review your information first. Then tick the I agree option on the bottom of the page to agree with the subscriber’s agreement terms.
10. Finally, click on the Purchase button.
11. Once done, you will see a Thank you page. There you can either download or view your transaction receipt.
You will also have a confirmation email of your buying on your email address. Now you can enjoy shopping on Steam and instantly pay the money from your wallet.
What payment method should I use on Steam?
Steam accepts various payment methods. These payment methods are accessible by many users. Some techniques that Steam takes are PayPal, UPI transactions, e-Wallet, bank recharges, etc. Steam is a trustworthy platform, and linking any payment method to your Steam account is safe and secure. There is no loss of data and personal information. Hence, you can quickly pay for your games on Steam and start playing them on your PC.
Can you use Cashapp on Steam?
You can use Cash App to pay for the items on Steam. Cash App can be used just like any other payment method. You just have to add your Cash App account and authorize it from the app itself. After that, any transaction from Cash App can be processed in a similar way to other payment procedures.
Can I transfer money to Steam from Venmo?
You can transfer money to Steam Wallet but not directly from the Venmo wallet. You have to use other payment options to transfer your money to Steam. These methods will access your Venmo and transfer the required funds to the Steam wallet.
Does steam take Venmo?
Yes, you can use Venmo on Steam. You can link your Venmo account on Steam and can use it to book your games. The money will be deducted from the connected bank account. You can also use your Venmo debit card to pay on Steam. You need to enter the card details like Card Number, Card Expiry Date, and CVV. The rest of the method remains the same, like other payments through standard debit cards.
Can you buy steam games with Venmo?
Yes, you can buy steam games with Venmo. Select the game you wish to subscribe to, enter your details, confirm the amount, select Venmo to pay for your game, authorize your payment, and your game will be bought successfully.