Yes, to use Venmo a teenager must be 18 years of age to acquire the service as Venmo does not deal with under 18. Users who are under the age of 18 cannot create accounts as Venmo terms of service require the age should be at least 18 or above. Teenagers are not allowed to send or receive money through Venmo to avoid any kind of mishap or fraud.
Venmo account age limit requirement?
There are a total three requirements that are must use a Venmo account.
- The age requirement to open a Venmo account for teenagers is 18 years.
- A person should be physically available in the US.
- A US phone number is mandatory to receive text messages for any transaction or codes.
Important Note: Use only one phone number for a Venmo account and do not use that same number for any other Venmo account.
Also Check:- How to USE Venmo for a Minor?
How to set up venmo account under 18?
There is no way to set up a Venmo account under 18 as to open a Venmo account you are entering into a legal agreement and teenagers who are not 18 are considered to be minors. Additionally, the law does not allow a minor to enter into a legal agreement that is why you cannot have a Venmo under 18.
If you are 18 then you can easily open a Venmo account from a mobile phone. Below I am providing you some steps that will clear all the doubts:
- Download the Venmo application, if you already have moved on to the next step.
- There are two options on the bottom of the page that are “Sign up with Facebook” or “Sign up with Email”. Select any one that is the most convenient.
- The next step is to provide information if you have chosen Facebook then all the details will be filled automatically and in case of email you have to write your first and last name, and all the mandatory details.
- Review all the information and terms on the next page and click “Next”. Again you will be shown terms and conditions, read them carefully and tab “Next” to move ahead.
- Add your phone number. You will receive a code that you have to enter for verification. Hence, your Venmo account is created.
Also Check:- How to Add Money to Venmo Cards at Walmart?
How to use venmo under 18?
Can you use Venmo under 18? What do you think? The answer is Venmo terms of service clearly states that to use a Venmo you have to be at least 18 years. A minor is not allowed to open a Venmo account. Additionally, the person should be living in the US. Further, if a person wants to do a high amount of transactions using the app, social security is important for the authentication.
How to get a venmo card under 18?
There is no possible way to get a Venmo card under the age of 18. To get a Venmo card there are certain prerequisites that need to be followed.
- A person should not be a minor that is atleast or above 18 years of age.
- Must be residing in the US.
- Phone number must be working in the US to receive messages and codes from the company.
After fulfilling the conditions, just download the Venmo app on your mobile phone and provide correct information that is required to open a Venmo account. You will also receive a security code for verification purposes. When verification will be completed then you can start your online transaction that is you can send and receive money with just a single click.
Venmo App FAQs
Do you have to be 18 for a venmo debit card?
Yes, to have a Venmo debit card, a person should be 18 years. Below that the teen is considered to be minor and it is not safe for a minor to do such transactions as he may get into a spam that can result in loss of money. So, for safety measures the company has set certain conditions to open a Venmo account and to have a Venmo debit card that is an individual should be 18, must be physically present in the US, and have a working US mobile number to send and receive text messages and codes. All these are vital terms to be a part of Venmo group.
Raj Singh is a highly experienced digital marketer, SEO consultant, and content writer with over 8 years of experience in the industry.
As a content writer, Raj has a talent for crafting engaging and informative content that resonates with audiences. He has a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of SEO best practices.
- Venmo TutorialJune 20, 2023Types of Documents that can be Automated using intelligent Document Automation
- Venmo TutorialJune 20, 20238 Amazing Techniques to Secure Mobile Banking Apps
- Venmo TutorialSeptember 16, 2022How to do Venmo Group Account Login (Complete Guide)?
- Venmo Debit CardSeptember 14, 2022How to order new Venmo Debit card on the app (2023)?