Setting up the Venmo account on different devices is not a tough task because the procedure is almost the same. But if you want to set up the Venmo account without a bank account or if you want to use it for business then the procedure is a little different. Don’t worry here you will find every detail related to this. So read carefully and follow the steps correctly.
What is needed to set up a Venmo account?
- You will be a permanent resident of the United States.
- You must have a US phone number with a short code
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a valid and verified bank account in any US bank- these are all you need to set up Venmo Account.
You can use Venmo only in the United States and it is compatible with US-based banking services and phone numbers. So you must be able to receive or send messages from shortcodes.
How to set up Venmo Account Complete Guide?
Venmo is now giving opportunities for the business, where the customers can pay the same way they pay their friends through Venmo. It is the friendliest way to do business. 2 million merchants have already accepted the app,s and more are joining daily.
Set up Venmo Account on iPhone
The Venmo app is easy to set up with Facebook. Here’s how to do it:
STEP 1- Go to the App Store and then search for the Venmo app.
STEP 2- Press the GET button and then tap INSTALL after entering your Apple passcode.
STEP 3- Once the installation gets over, you can then launch the application from your iPhone screen.
STEP 4- Then, click on the Sign up with the Facebook icon.
STEP 5- Further, choose the option of Log in with the Facebook app. Press the Open button to launch the application and then hit the Continue As (your sign-in name) option.
STEP 6- Again click the Open button to go back to the signup screen of the Venmo app.
STEP 7- Continue adding your personal information.
STEP 8- Next, you can enter a password of choice and then tap the Next button.
STEP 9- You can add your mobile number and verify it with the code.
STEP 10- Finally, you will need to enter a username and press the Done button.
STEP 11- You can choose to go ahead and add your Facebook friends and people from your contact list to your Venmo account or else choose to do it another time.
Also Read: How does Venmo work? Is it SAFE?
Setting up Venmo on Android
Venmo can be set up on your Android phone easily in the following way:
- Firstly, you need to download the app.
- Then, you will have to open the Venmo app and further select the sign up method either via Facebook or with your email address.
- Then, you have to create a strong password as per the guideline.
- Ultimately, you must enter your phone number and email address.
- You must also essentially add and verify your bank account.
Also Read: How to Confirm Identity On Venmo?
Venmo Set up without bank account
If you don’t have a bank account, then you link your debit or credit card with your Venmo account.
- After your usual installation and sign up on the Venmo app, you can then link your debit or credit card with your Venmo account.
- You can tap on the menu icon and go to the Settings option.
- There you can select the option of Add Card and then enter your card details.
Set up Venmo account for business Purpose
Now business profiles or merchants are accepting payment through Venmo. Whether you are selling art and craft products or homemade planters, one-of-a-kind haircuts, or fashion accessories, now business profiles make it easy for their customer to find and pay you through Venmo. You only have to set up a Venmo account for your business.
Below are a few steps to quickly set up a business account on Venmo.
If you already have a Venmo account and are eligible for creating a business profile, you can see the option to create one in the Venmo app:
In the app,
- Tap on the “+Create a business profile” option, which will be at the top of the screen on the “Me” tab
- From the option, you can tap on the “Setting” option
- Tap on “Create Business Profile” to get started with your business account
You can also create a Business profile on the Venmo app through the website.
On the web,
- Sign in on your Venmo account
- The link will be “venmo.com/account/sing-in
- Click “Create a Business Profile” from the menu option and follow the rest options.
Once you create the business profile, you can customize the setting from Venmo App. You can use your previous login information to access other Venmo profiles except for the business profile username.
To Create the business profile on Venmo App, you must sign up for a Venmo account by including your personal profile. To get started in the Venmo application or Venmo website:
- Choose the “Business” option from your Venmo home page
- Click on the option “Get Started.”
- Enter your credentials, including your mobile number, and tap on “Send Code.”
- After receiving the unique code, accept that to verify your mobile number.
- Enter your Name, email id, and Password to access Venmo
If your phone verification process is successful, you can create and activate your Venmo Account. Now you can choose to start a business profile on your Venmo account by following the steps mentioned above.
Setting up Venmo account to receive money
Receiving money through Venmo is relatively easy if you already have a Venmo account. Let’s discover the steps to set up your Venmo account for receiving money.
- Open your Venmo app on your Android or iPhone
- Tap on the three lines top-left corner of the app
- Select “Payment Method.”
- Tap on the “Add Bank or Card” option and tap on “Bank.”
- Add bank details
Once you set up your Venmo account, share your Venmo user name and email or phone number linked with the Venmo account with the sender. You can also redirect the QR code on your Venmo account to the sender. When the sender can transfer money to you, the money will land in your Venmo balance.
Set up Venmo app for fundraiser
With Venmo, you can allow your donors to make “one-time” donations through Venmo. With Venmo, US-based fundraisers can carry out donation programs, just as you used to pay everyday bills, send money to your friends, and make purchases.
Venmo donation is processed through the connected PayPal account. Now, how you can connect your Venmo with PayPal?
To activate the Venmo app for Fundraising, connect your Venmo balance with PayPal. You must have a verified PayPal account connected to the Fundraising Up account. To do so:
- first, go to the Fundraising Up Dashboard
- Click on your name on the top right and go to the Setting option from the dropdown menu
- Click on the “payment” option, which will be your left-hand side of the Fundraising account
- Scroll down to the payment processor section. Here are two conditions:
(a.) if PayPal shows you are not connected, click on the option “Connect PayPal account.”
(b.) If PayPal shows your fundraising account is connected to Venmo, you are all set!
Now, it’s time to enable the Venmo Payment option. First, confirm that your PayPal account is connected. Now follow the Venmo one-step process.
- Return to the Payment Option setting
- Click “Enable Venmo Button”, and you are done!
Once your Venmo account is connected to the PayPal fundraising account, the donors can make one-time donations through their Venmo App.
Make a Venmo account for a nonprofit
Unfortunately, you cannot set up an account for a specific nonprofit organization on Venmo because it does not yet support nonprofits as PayPal does. Venmo has developed a Private beta test with which you can create an account for a closed group or non-profit organization separately. So, in the future, you may have an account on Venmo for your non-profit organization.
However, from now on, you can create a normal Venmo Account for your organization, just like your personal account. Make sure that you have created a separate account for the non-profit organization. Venmo offers QR codes that can be shared, so you can share the QR code with the donors or redirect the Venmo page to users. It allows donors to connect their accounts and transfer money on time.
Set up Venmo for a bachelorette party
- Create a Bachelorette Venmo Account
- In your Venmo, tap your profile on the top left and hit the QR code icon
- Add the QR code to the graphic and customize it. You can try the “Buy the Drink” background to print the QR code
- Redirect the QR code to friends and invites
If you have a Venmo Account, then change the Username temporarily for the period of the bachelorette party. You can change the account handle by:
- Clicking on the “setting” option
- Clickick on the tap “Edit profile”- you are recommended to change all the transactions to private once creating a bachelorette account.
Set up a Bachelorette Gmail
If you have an email id and phone number to sign in to the Venmo account, here is a quick solution for you. You can use your existing Gmail account for Venmo and any other reservation you want at the weekend, and it will take only 5 minutes. You can also add a phone number with Google voice and send it to receive a confirmation message.
- Register for your bachelorette Gmail with Google
- Sign up with a phone number and link it with Google Voice
- Sign up for Venmo using the Bachelorette phone number and linked Gmail account
How do I set up Venmo Debit card?
You can take the following steps to add a debit card:
- Click on the main menu of the app located on the top portion of the app.
- Then, under the Settings section select the Payment Methods.
- Further, choose the option of Add Card and then press the Card option.
- Finally, enter your card number, CVV, and card name manually or click a picture of your card with the camera.
How to Instantly set up Venmo account with credit card?
To verify your Venmo account, you must follow some steps to set up Venmo with Credit Card.
- Go to the Setting option.
- Click on the “Payment method” top right of the setting option
- Tap on “Add bank or card”- if you want to add a Credit card, then tap on the “Card” option
- Add the card information manually
To change the payment mode for Venmo:
- Click on the “Edit Payment Method” option
- Select “Add Debit Card/ Credit Card”, then add your card information
How to set up a second Venmo account with the same phone number?
It is not surprising that if one needs to set up another Venmo account with the same phone number. Most people now have two accounts linked with the same phone numbers.
Therefore, If You are wondering about having two Venmo accounts with the same phone numbers, here are the steps :
- Log in to your first Veno Account on your mobile phone
- Tap on the menu button
- In the menu, you can see the “setting” option
- Navigate to the Payment option on the Setting menu
- Click on the “Add Card or Bank account” option
- Select the bank account
- Click on the option “Same Number.”
Voila! You have just created a new Venmo account with the same phone number.
How do I use Venmo for the first time?
First, you are using an Android or iOS system, then download and install the Venmo app on your phone.
- After installation, open the Application
- Choose your sign-up method and create a secure password. Your password should contain 8 to 20 characters and at least one number and symbol.
- Verify your phone number and email address
- Add verified bank account – your Venmo sign-up is completed.
Now with the Venmo app, you can send and receive funds from your friends, families, or regular purchasing.
Venmo App FAQs
How to set up Venmo for a nonprofit?
You can simply create a free Venmo account to receive donations.
How to set up Venmo bank account?
From the menu section, you can simply choose to Add Bank and then furnish the bank account details.
How to set up Venmo to receive money?
Once you have added the bank account with your Venmo account, you can then receive money easily.
Do you need a bank account for Venmo?
Yes, you must have a valid and verified bank account in any US banking institution. Without a verified bank account, to can not do cash withdrawals or transactions to Venmo balance. Similarly, if you want to receive funds through Venmo or aim to cash them out, you must link your Venmo account with a verified bank account.
Is it free to make a Venmo account?
Opening a Venmo account is free and does not charge any monthly fees. Another this, you must note that simple transactions through Venmo from a bank account, debit card, or Venmo cash balance do not charge any fees. Though, if you use a credit card to pay, then Venmo will charge 3 percent for every transaction.