Venmo is a payment service that offers an application for Android as well as iOS. You can either choose to pay with Venmo online or use it to receive money from friends, family, businesses, etc.
How do I PAY Someone on Venmo?
Venmo is a payment application where you can send and receive payments. There are multiple options for making a payment on the Venmo app. Some of them are : Venmo Balance, Credit Card, Debit card, and Venmo Balance. Paying on Venmo with Venmo money is simple process and to understand it read all the below-given steps carefully:
How to pay on Venmo with Venmo balance?
You can use Venmo balance to pay someone. For this, you can choose the Venmo balance instead of other payout options like bank account, credit, or debit card.
To pay someone from your Venmo balance, you can either add funds to it from your bank account or debit card first, or else you use the existing cash received from your friends and other contacts to pay someone. Check the below steps to pay:
- The first and foremost step is to log in to your Venmo account and log in.
- Add your details and complete the verification process.
- Now you can start the payment transaction. Click on “Pay and Request”
- Now, alter the payment method to “Venmo Balance” as all the methods will be visible on the page.
- Enter the amount that you have to pay.
- Click “Pay” and the amount will be transferred to the payee account.
How to pay on Venmo Application without a Bank Account?
Yes, you can make a payment on Venmo without a bank account. You can use a Venmo account to make transactions. I will tell you in detail how you can make the payment.
- Tap the Venmo icon and open the Venmo app, if you are not logged in enter your email id and password, you will receive a code for verification.
- Click on the “Pay or Request icon” on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the person for payment and relevant payment details. You can also add multiple people at one time.
- Next, enter the amount to be transferred.
- Add a description note for reference so that the payer and payee know the details of the payment.
- Select who can see the payment ( public, friends, or private). The payment will be visible according to the person selected.
- Choose the mode of payment in the settings. Select “Venmo account”
- Click “Pay”. There is a green button on the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, payment is completed.
If you select the payment method as a Venmo account then you can pay on Venmo without a bank account as money will be deducted from the Venmo account. It takes three to five business days for the money to reach the recipient.
How do I pay on Venmo with Bank account?
There are numerous ways that you can choose to pay on Venmo such as pay on Venmo with Venmo money, debit card, and credit card but the mode that most of the people select is bank account so let us see the process to make payment with bank account:
- Firstly, open the Venmo app from your mobile phone.
- Sign in your account if required.
- Select the mode of payment. Click “Settings”.
- Select “ Add Bank or Card”. Enter the bank account information if it is not added before.
- Next, add recipient information which is his username, phone number, or email.
- Tab your profile that is “ Me”.
- Choose “Manage Balance”
- Select” Add Money”
- Now, add the amount that you have to pay to the sender.
- Tab “Next” to initiate the transfer and complete the process.
Sending a payment with a bank account is easier but it takes one to three business days to reach the sender account as Venmo checks all the information carefully before sending money from one account to another. You can also opt for instant transfer but have to pay an additional charge.
How to pay on Venmo app with debit card?
Follow the steps given below to pay on a Venmo with a debit card:
Add your debit card to your Venmo account from the computer.
- Tab “Edit Payment Setting”
- Choose the card that is to added and tab “Add Debit or Credit Card”
Add your debit card to your Venmo account from the Venmo app
- Click on your profile picture and tab “Me”
- Click “Settings” on the top right side and click “Tab Payments”
- Click “Card” from add card or bank option.
- You can add your card information manually or with a mobile camera.
How to make payment:
- Open the Venmo app.
- Click the “ Pay or Request” icon.
- Add the information of the receiver.
- Type the amount that you have to send.
- Add description, so the receiver understands why you are paying.
- Select the mode of payment choose “Debit Card”
- You can select the transaction as privacy in order to keep it private.
- Click “Pay” on the bottom of the screen and Payment is made.
How to PAY Someone with Credit card?
Sending money via Venmo to your friends and contacts is easy but you need to have your credit, debit or bank account linked with your Venmo app. You can follow the below steps to know how to pay with the Venmo payments service.
STEP 1- Open the Venmo app from your Android or iOS smartphone.
STEP 2-Then, choose the menu from the top right corner of the Venmo app screen.
STEP 3- From the Menu, select the payments symbol.
STEP 4- Now, you will see a text box where you can enter the name of the contact to whom you want to send money. Alternatively, you can scroll through the list of friends and select a particular person. Once you select a name, you will be asked to confirm your choice.
STEP 5- After this, you will need to enter the amount of money that you wish to transfer.
Also Read: How to cancel Venmo Payment that You sent?
STEP 6- You will also find a description box where you can add your reason for sending payments to the concerned person. You also get to choose an icon at the bottom of the screen to choose who can see the description message. You can select from three options ‘Friends,’ ‘Private,’ o ‘Public.’
STEP 7- Next, you can choose the option of “Pay.”
STEP 8- In the final step, you get to select the payment option. You can choose from the options of a bank account, credit card, or debit card.
STEP 9- Finally, you can press the “Pay” button at the bottom of the screen.
How do I pay someone on Venmo from my computer?
Venmo is a mobile application where one can easily send or receive money. You can pay someone on Venmo from your computer in just few steps:
- The first thing that needs to be done is to search the app on the homepage and open it. The app is blue in the background with white V. Sign in the app if required.
- Further, click “Money and Pencil Icon”. If you are using android then it will be on your bottom right and if you are having iOS then on the upper right.
- Next, add the sender information that is username, email and phone number. You can add multiple people at one time.
- Add the amount that you have to send to the person.
- A description box will be there, entering all the required information for you and the person whom you are sending money. For instance: you can write “For Dinner” the person will understand why you have done the payment. You can click on the privacy icon if you do not want anyone to know about the payment.
- Make sure your bank account or card is linked to the Venmo account for payment. Click” Pay” to send the payment.
- Click the box that is above the green confirmation button. .
- Choose the payment method “Venmo balance” will be chosen by default if you want to alter the mode then choose any other payment mode.
- Click “Green Button” on the bottom of the screen for payment confirmation.
These are the steps that are required to pay someone on Venmo from your computer. Follow till the end and you can make payment smoothly.
Also Read: How to Send Money from Venmo to PayPal?
How to pay on Venmo Application without a fee?
If you are making a purchase or making a payment with a credit card then you have to pay three percent additional fees. An extra fee also adds for instant bank transfers. But there are certain ways that can help to pay someone without a fee.
- Send money from your bank account.
- Debit card saves the additional fees.
So, use the above two methods to pay someone on Venmo without fees.
How to pay yourself on Venmo?
Yes, you can pay yourself on Venmo with a credit card, but before paying yourself you must have a Venmo cardholder to keep money in your account, and then you can pay with a credit card. An additional three percent is added while making credit card payments. Let us see the necessary steps required to link your credit card with your Venmo account.
- Open the Venmo app.
- Log in if already registered or sign up if a new user.
- Click “Settings”
- Select the payment method at the top of the settings page.
- Add a Bank or Card from where you have to make payment.
How to pay friends and family on Venmo App?
Venmo app has helped a lot in sending money and making payments easy between friends and family. There are some steps that can make transaction easier:
- Select the recipient.
- Click on the transaction button that is marked with a dollar symbol and a pen, to go to the “Pay or Request” page.
- Select privacy mode if you want no one to see your transaction.
- Add the person details to whom you have to make payment.
- Select payment method for exchange of funds.
- Choose” Pay” and confirm the payment.
How to pay a business on Venmo?
To pay a business on a Venmo, then the other person should also have a Venmo business profile. After that, you should have signed up to receive payments from merchants. You have to ask the other person for details to send money such as username, phone number, and email address. Make sure that you check all the information twice to avoid any kind of delays. The steps will be as following:
- Open the Venmo App.
- Click “ Pay and Request”
- Add the beneficiary to whom you want to send money.
- Add “Amount” that is to be sent.
- Choose “Payment Method” from where you want to transfer funds.
- Select the “Pay” green button on the bottom of the page for confirmation.
You can also use QR code to make contactless payment.
How do I remind someone to pay me on Venmo App?
Sometimes a person forgets to make the payment or he might need an extra push to pay. For all this Venmo has a reminder option. Let’s see how we can send a reminder to someone for payment on Venmo:
- Open the Venmo app
- Click on the dollar sign on the bottom right corner.
- Open the incomplete transaction icon if you have earlier transaction history or add the person information whom you want to send a reminder.
- Click “Remind” and the reminder will be sent for the pending payment.
How to pay someone privately on Venmo?
There are times when you do not want anyone to know about your transaction. This is when Venmo privacy mode is used to keep the transaction private. So, let us see how it actually works.
- Open the Venmo App
- Choose “Payment” from the top right.
- Choose the recipient from your Venmo contacts or add a new one by adding his username, phone number, or email address.
- Add the amount of payment.
- Choose “Privacy Settings”
- Add a description to let the receiver know why you are making payment.
- Click “Tab”. You will see the default mode of payment, you can make changes if you want to change.
- Confirm Payment and the payment is done.
How to pay someone on Venmo with PayPal?
To pay someone on Venmo with PayPal requires a little more steps and attention to understand so follow all the steps carefully and read till the end to complete your transaction.
- The first step is to link both the PayPal account and Venmo account to a common bank account.
- Open the PayPal website, Choose “Link a bank”, and “Bank and Cards” on the mobile app.
- Next, enter the bank details carefully and make two small deposits.
- Now, open the Venmo app.
- Tab “Settings” and click on payment methods.
- Enter the same bank account that you have linked to the PayPal account and select the verification method.
- After linking both the accounts, return back to the Venmo account.
- Choose “Transfer to bank and enter the amount that you wish to transfer” from your Venmo account.
- Now, come back to your PayPal account and select “Transfer Money”
- Click “ Add money to your balance” and you can see the bank account linked to your Venmo and PayPal account.
- Finally, select the bank account and tab “Add”. The funds will be added to your PayPal wallet in three to five business days.
Pay on Venmo App with Paypal MasterCard.
- Open the Venmo app on your phone and click on “Profile” which is in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tab “Settings” that is on the upper left-hand screen.
- Select Payment Methods.
- Choose the card option.
- Now add PayPal Mastercard and make transactions.
- Click “Pay” and payment is done.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What info do I give someone to PAY me on Venmo?
You can furnish different kinds of details to receive payments from someone on your Venmo app. You can either give them your Venmo account username, email, or phone number.
Alternatively, you can choose to share with them your Venmo scan code in person or via a text message or email. Further, for iPhone users, you can also share the QR code via AirDrop.
Do I have to put money in Venmo to pay someone?
No, you do not have to add money in Venmo to pay someone. If your Venmo account is linked to the bank account or card then the amount will automatically deducted from that bank account or card. After sending money you can check the payment status or account balance in the Venmo app.
Can I ask someone to pay me on venmo?
People forget to make payment but to remind them you have to ask them to pay on Venmo. For that you have to send them a payment request. Firstly open the Venmo app, click pay and request, enter the details of the person whom you have to send a request, add the amount, and click on the request and hence you have asked the person to pay you on Venmo.
Raj Singh is a highly experienced digital marketer, SEO consultant, and content writer with over 8 years of experience in the industry.
As a content writer, Raj has a talent for crafting engaging and informative content that resonates with audiences. He has a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of SEO best practices.
- Venmo TutorialJune 20, 2023Types of Documents that can be Automated using intelligent Document Automation
- Venmo TutorialJune 20, 20238 Amazing Techniques to Secure Mobile Banking Apps
- Venmo TutorialSeptember 16, 2022How to do Venmo Group Account Login (Complete Guide)?
- Venmo Debit CardSeptember 14, 2022How to order new Venmo Debit card on the app (2023)?